This cake is an excellent way to enjoy the taste of a moist chocolate fudge cake without all the added sugar and calories. Carob syrup acts as a perfect substitution for melted chocolate and the added banana gives you the sweetness without need for added sugar! Healthy, moist and delicious!
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 3 tbsp carob syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup self raising flour
- 1/4 cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- handful of sunflower seeds (for decoration)
- 2 tsp carob syrup (for decoration)
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Centigrade or 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat the margarine until smooth and slowly beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Mash the banana and whisk into the mix.
- Add the carob syrup and vanilla extract and beat well until smooth.
- Fold in all the dry ingredients until the mixture is well mixed and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a greased cake tin and sprinkle the sunflower seeds on the top and drizzle with the carob syrup.
- Place the cake in the oven for 40-45 mins until a skewer comes out clean from the cake.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!