Wednesday 25 May 2016

Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Nude Collection - Review


Rimmel have released their Lasting Finish By Kate Nude Collection lipsticks and OMG I am so excited! Firstly, let's get the boring stuff out of the way. They are available from Boots, Superdrug, ASOS, Feel Unique, and a few other retailers. They tend to retail for about £5.49 which I always think is amazing for such great lipsticks. I have been using Rimmel for years and I absolutely love their lipsticks, my favourite being the Kate Moss lipstick in shade 103. I am so glad that they have finally decided to do a nude collection because I have been looking for a great nude lipstick for so long. The collection has 5 shades; 40, 42, 43, 45, and 48. They range from a sort of light beigey nude, to a really dark vampy brown shade.

The Packaging



The packaging of these lipsticks is absolute goals. Firstly, I love the colour, it is just so cute! The packaging actually feels a lot more high quality than the previous Kate Moss lipsticks, it has more of a sheen to it and just looks a lot more high end. The lid clicks really well into the lipstick, which may sound really random, but I think this is the sign of a really good quality lipstick!


The Lipsticks


From left to right: 40, 42, 43, 45, 48

When you first apply to lipsticks, you'll notice that they have a really creamy consistency. They apply really well on the lips and blend out well to look really seamless. They have a sheen to them so aren't completely matte which I like. They also have a really nice smell to them, almost vanilla like, which is quite a cute touch. They are advertised as lasting for up to 8 hours which I would say would be the case if you didn't eat or drink all day. But obviously we have to eat and drink, so throughout the day the lipstick does start to wear off, but I would say that it still lasts a good 4-5 hours before that starts to happen. There is a shade in this collection to suit most skin tones. For my yellow-toned skin, I don't think that shades 40 and 43 really suit me, but I really love shades 45 and 48 a lot! 

Ratings 

Packaging: 10/10
Colour Range: 7/10
Fragrance: 8/10
Consistency: 8/10
Pigmentation: 9/10
Lasting power: 7/10
Price: 9/10

Overall, I really love these lipsticks. Nude lips are so in right now, what with celebrities like Kylie Jenner loving the look. These are a really good drugstore lipstick, with good staying power, nice creamy consistency that isn't too drying, and packaging to die for. Definitely recommend checking them out. Click here to explore the collection for yourselves.  

Seda x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. May I request lip swatches for next time you review lipsticks ? It helps alot. Thank you ;) xo lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I request lip swatches for next time you review lipsticks ? It helps alot. Thank you ;) xo lizzy

    ReplyDelete

© The Kara Edit. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig